Registratrion for 2022 Thunder Bay Car Show is now Open!
By submitting this online registration as a participant in the Thunder Bay Car Show, you are accepting the PARTICIPANT AGREEMENT, RELEASE, AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF RISKPARTICIPANT AGREEMENT, RELEASE, AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF RISK shown below.
Starlite Beach, Alpena, Michigan 49707
By registering as a participant on line and In consideration of the services of the Thunder Bay Car Show, their agents, owners, officers, volunteers, participants, employees, and all other persons or entities acting in capacity on their behalf (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Thunder Bay Car Show”), you hereby agree to release and discharge the Thunder Bay Car Show, on behalf of yourself, your children, your parents, your heirs, assigns, personal representative and estate as follows:
1. You acknowledge that entail known and unanticipated risks which could result in physical or emotional injury, paralysis, death or damage to yourself, to property, or to third parties. You understand that such risks simply cannot be eliminated without jeopardizing the essential qualities of the activity. The risks include, among other things: Collision with other vehicles, curbs, the walls or other fixed objects; falling down; my own equipment failure or the failure of other equipment; your own or other’s negligence; objects or conditions on the surface that may cause you to fall; broken bones; sprains; head, neck and back injuries; abrasions; and bruises. Furthermore, employees and volunteers have difficult jobs to perform. They seek safety, but they are not infallible. They might be unaware of a participant’s fitness or abilities. They may give inadequate warnings or instructions, and the equipment being used might malfunction.
2. You expressly agree and promise to accept and assume all of the risks existing in this activity. Your participation in this activity is purely voluntary, and you elect to participate in spite of the risks.
3. You hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action, which are in any way connected with your participation in this activity or your use of any equipment or facilities, including such Claims which allege negligent acts or omissions of.
4. Should or anyone acting on their behalf, be required to incur attorney’s fees and costs to enforce this agreement, you agree to indemnify and hold them harmless for all such fees and costs.
5. You certify that you have adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage you may cause or suffer while participating, or else you agree to bear the costs of such injury or damage to yourself. You further certify that you have no medical or physical conditions, which could interfere with your safety in this activity, or else you are willing to assume – and bear the costs of – all risks that may be created, directly or indirectly, by any such condition.
6. In the event that you file a lawsuit against The Thunder Bay Car Show, you agree to do so solely in the state of Michigan, and you further agree that the substantive law of that state shall apply in this action without regard to the conflict of law rules of that state.
7. You agree that if any portion of this agreement is found to be void or unenforceable, the remaining portion shall remain in full force and effect.
By registering on line as a participant, you agree that if anyone is hurt or property is damaged during my participation in this activity, you may be found by a court of law to have waived your right to maintain a lawsuit against on the basis of any claim from which you have released them herein. You have had sufficient opportunity to read this entire document. You have read and understood it, and you agree to be bound by its terms.